1. Thanks to a just completed trip t o Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab, Utah......one of our favaorite places......and new found friends Tommy and Mai, we have added 5 new dog portraits.....Mai's Shiku, Tommy's Yoda, Puck and Rocco, and JJ , who will be flying east in a couple of weeks to join the "pack" at Keukaview....Teddy, Brutus and Quesadilla. (9-17-11)
2. Now available !
Mugs, waterbottles, mouse pads, coasters and more....imprinted with your favorite image from Keukaview.
Check out our mug, coaster and mouse pad for our beloved Watson.....and see what we can do with a portrait of your favorite pet. (8-27)
And......Just Released: The Signature Collection of Mugs for all 11 Finger Lakes, featuring a beautiful photograph of one of each lake's waterfalls or scenic views, laid over a topographic map and outline of the Finger Lakes.....showing where in the region the photo was actually taken! These beautiful, collector edition mugs sell for $18. Call or email to order. (8-27)
3. And Introducing a new feature: "The Waterfalls, Their Rocks & The Escarpments," featuring panoramic images of Finger Lakes waterfalls with (upcoming) descriptions of their underlying geology. This series begins with fantastic new panoramics of Niagara Falls and the Lower Falls of the Genesee in Rochester, both of which cascade over the hard, 400 million + year old dolostone of the Niagara Escarpment.
In the coming months, look for maps, diagrams, and explanations of the underlying geology of the waterfalls associated with images of the falls, including the 4 escarpments that dissect the Finger Lakes and the rocks over which our beautiful waterfalls tumble......rocks laid down around 200 million years ago years ago.from rivers and streams of the super high Acadian Mountains to the East.
An "escarpment" is a ridge of cliff created when layers of sedimentary rock are uplifted and tilted upwards, leaving hard limestone or standstone exposed when softer layers, like shale, erode away. The four escarpments across central New York...the Niagara, Onondaga, Tully and Portage,.....north to south.....from older rock to younger....in many respects defined and helped create the Finger Lakes and many of the region's wonderful waterfalls.
(This feature is an attempt on the part of this photographer to combine into a single "package" many of his diverse interests and passions....photography, geology, regional tourism promotion, and the preservation of the Finger Lakes. )
4. Just Published! After a two year hiatus..... our new, 18-month, 2011-2012 CD Keukaviews Calendar! Check it out!.
5. And check out some of ou new pet portraits, including one of our (now grown up) border collies, Brutus & Quesadilla.
6. Check out our beautiful, 3-D, 37" x 24" Triple canvas of Letchworth Gorge from "Inspiration Point." We are now featuring a completely new line of triple ("Trip Tych") images...on canvas and behind glass.
7. A reminder to our friends (and family) who live on beautiful Glenora Point on Seneca Lake. We now have a slide show of images of Glenora, including some of the Big Stream gorge, the Point from the railroad trestle, and panoramics of the lake from the shoreline at www.keukaview.com/glenora. Copies of all of these prints are available for sale, unframed, framed,. and on canvas. Call or email for details.
8. Keukaview Photography is now on Facebook. Check us out and BECOME A FAN ! .